Celebrate the Sacramento art scene by participating in ARTober, a month-long celebration of the arts!
It’s easy and doesn’t cost anything to participate. Non-profit and commercial art organizations, artists, or anyone associated with the arts that has an event in October can participate in ARTober by doing one or all of the following:
- List your event on ARToberSac.com. This listing will automatically be linked to Sacramento365.com, which has provided a comprehensive calendar of all of the events during the month. In just one step, your event will be posted on the ARTober website as well as on Sacramento365.com.
- Use the ARTober logo and/or the copy at the bottom of this page on your website, event program, postcards, or posters advertising your event, press releases, paid advertisements, or any printed materials. The copy can also be used for radio and television PSA and/or if you announce or introduce your program to a live audience. Download logos here.
- Share the conversation through your social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Add the hashtag #artobersac to your posts, comments, and tweets. Let friends, fans, and subscribers know you are collaborating to celebrate the arts this October and that they can find out more information by visiting the ARToberSac.com website.
- Provide your information to your Councilmember and other local organizations for use in their newsletters, please send an email with a short advertisement about your events and the district you are located in to Anja at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can look up your District by entering your address here: http://www.cityofsacramento.org/council/index.html
- Provide discount tickets to your events during Artober. A great way to promote the arts and gain new audiences.
- Work with Sacramento365.com to promote your events and activities during the month of October. It’s easy to do and cost effective. Contact Rachael Lankford at RLankford@cityofsacramento.org to get started.
- Take advantage of discounted ad space in Sacramento News & Review and place an ad in the Artober insert.
With everyone working together we can make a tremendous impact by raising the communities’ awareness of art and culture during the month. We hope to expand this event over time into a regional celebration — bringing awareness and support to the arts while building audiences.
Please join us! It only takes a few minutes to download the logo, post your October activities, and spread the word!
31 days, 150 + art experiences, go to www.ARToberSac.com
Celebrate the Sacramento art scene by participating in ARTober, a month-long celebration of the arts! In recognition of Arts and Humanities Month, our region will showcase hundreds of art and culture happenings taking place the month of October. For full schedules and event listings go to www.ARToberSac.com.